Aalto University selected in global top 10 of young universities
Aalto University is ranked ninth on the QS Top 50 Under 50, a ranking of the world's finest young universities established less than 50 years ago. Aalto is the third-highest placed European university in the ranking.
Aalto University is one of the key Espoo Innovation Garden players, situated in the heart of the ecosystem in Otaniemi, Espoo. Aalto is not only a Finnish education powerhouse that offers a multidisciplinary curriculum where science and art meet technology and business but also a buzzing hub for startup generation. The university encourages its students to establish a startup already during their studies. Emerging innovators can, for example, go to Aalto Startup Center and join its Business Generator program that offers the tools and guidance that startups need to begin their journey successfully.
The QS Top 50 Under 50 ranking is based on the QS World University Rankings, in which Aalto ranked 140th.
Top 10 young universities in the world:
1) Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
2) The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), Hong Kong
3) KAIST – Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea
4) PSL University, France
5) City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
6) Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH), South Korea
7) The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
8) CentraleSupélec, France
9) Aalto University, Finland
10 University of Technology Sydney (UTS), Australia